Thunderbolt External HDs:

Discussion in 'iMac' started by onthecouchagain, Oct 17, 2011.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

So, when can we expect them? And will they be affordable? I'm not hearing anything about them.

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

3. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

4. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

5. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Thunderbolt is currently pointless unless if your someone you can't bear the extra couple minutes to transfer your files from an extrenal HD. I'm sorry to say this, but Apple has disappointed me with the new thunderbolt feature, which 99% of customers are not using, Why? Peripherals for them are way too expensive, cheapest external drive is $400 for 1 lousy TB.

Im sure its coming to good use for some companies that are using the TB server storage's and for film and photo professionals, otherwise for the majority of us, using it for daily use (college, work, games, movies etc.) its currently pointless.

Am the only one who feels this way...at least for the moment? Im sure there will be more to come out of this, but for all the effort Apple put into it, with hardware updates just for this feature (macbook pro, imac, mini and display)....seems to be deviating from what customers actually wanted.