Thunderbolt Firmware Upgrade

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chuan, May 7, 2011.

1. chuan macrumors member

Has anyone installed the latest firmware upgrade for Thunderbolt? Mine installed fine but upon restart, there was a long and loud beep. Is this just a phenomenon for firmware upgrade?

Thanks!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It is normal. I think it is even mentioned when upgrading the firmware but as usual, everyone just clicks agree without reading ;)

3. chuan thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much!!

I just posted another question in the software forum but since you are so helpful, let me just hijack the thread and ask you this:

I just bought Keynote from the app store. While viewing a ppt file, I see that no music is playing. The original ppt file has music for sure.

Does Keynote not convert music from ppt files? Or is there a way around it?

THX!

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Have you checked that there aren't any settings preventing this? I can try this soon (don't have both in my MBA so would have to lift my ass and walk 2m to iMac :p) so I'll get back when I have more input.

5. chuan thread starter macrumors member

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I created a quick presentation with PowerPoint. For me, it plays music fine. However, in PP I selected that it would play the same song across all slides but it only worked for the first slide (no music after that). When I added a different song to each slide, it work flawlessly again.

You can download the two presentations here to test.