Thunderbolt Flash Stick

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ivnj, Jun 17, 2013.

1. ivnj macrumors 65816

2. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I believe they will definitely be above $100 when they come to the market.

The high speed USB 3 64GB flash drive I have is $75 on newegg.
    That is for a 200MB/s flash drive, it isn't even half of theoretical USB 3 SS speed.

I wouldn't see a use for a TB flash drive unless it was boosting over 500MB/s just because that is still USB 3 territory.

Another reason I think there will be a TB price premium is looking at "almost" identical external drives offered in USB3 and then in TB. From looking at the apple store yesterday, the same drive with TB was $30-40 more expensive.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

This is great as a concept, but until TB becomes more 'mainstream' and is in almost every PC, it isn't that useful. Sure, I could use it for my Macs at home, but then isn't it easier just to Airdrop it or stick it on a drive?

It's not like you could take it into work/school and use it there. Also, the price tag would make you a little weary taking it anywhere!!

I just wish more companies would adopt TB - can't wait to see what things come out if they do.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't see a market for thunderbolt thumb drives, not when USB drives are so inexpensive.

Most consumers will ask why do I need that expensive thumb drive and move on to a cheaper USB variant.