Thunderbolt Macbook Pro and External Monitor Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bruda5000, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Bruda5000 macrumors newbie

Hello all-
    I have the all new 17" MBP with the optional 2.3 ghz Sandy Bridge processors. I also have an HP 2711x monitor that I connect to the computer via thunderbolt port with mini display adapter. On to the issue:

When the computer goes to sleep for an extended period of time while connected to the external monitor I cant get it to wake the monitor back up. I have to unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and then plug it back in again for it to be usable.

Another very interesting thing I tried today was opening the macbook so I could see the screen, when I removed the mini display port from the computer, it said that I had improperly ejected a disk. So its treating the monitor as a HD for some odd reason.

I called Mac and they are on top of it but I wanted to see if anyone else had heard about anything like this happening.

2. bobenhaus macrumors 6502a

I'm having a issue with my 24inch monitor and new MBP 2011. It is being detected but no my monitor will not power up. I've several different hdimi cables without any luck. Using HDMI to thunderbolt adapter for my MBP. Please Advise.

3. zeraien macrumors newbie

Display sleep

I too have the new thunderbolt macbook pro, 15", and it has a serious external display issue.

Normally when the macbook internal screen went to sleep, the external screen also did so. Now, the external screen goes crazy instead of going to sleep. It keeps giving me a message "Can not display this mode", which probably means the macbook is sending it some garbage data instead of sending it to sleep.

I hope this is a software issue, as I really don't want to have to send the mac in for repairs, but it's a show stopper issue.