Thunderbolt (Mini Displayport) Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by prnoct90, Jun 13, 2012.

1. prnoct90 macrumors regular

Other then Apple's offering, what other display are on the market that support thunderbolt directly?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I'm confused by the question. Are you asking what other monitors use mini displayport? Dell Ultrasharps use displayport.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Asus have just released one too...I think I saw it on Engadets site a couple of days back....Assuming the OP means monitors and not Minin-Display port adaptors? :confused:

4. Lance-AR macrumors 6502

I'm not aware of a way to use the Thunderbolt displays other than with one of the recent Apple devices (except Mac Pros).

5. prnoct90 thread starter macrumors regular

I mean displays that can connect directly to my new MacBook air

6. Lance-AR macrumors 6502

In that case there are adapters to convert thunderbolt video signal to DVI, VGA, HDMI, etc.

7. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

Pretty sure some of the Dell "ultrasharp" series support Mini Display Port, and maybe also the HP series that's the same panels. But neither, so far as I know, makes a display with the built-in hub functionality. On the other hand, both the HP and Dell displays with the same underlying panel are MUCH better quality displays -- they don't put shiny glass in front of it.

8. jsolares macrumors 6502a

if it supports display port but not mini display port you can get an adapter or cable, otherwise you could get a mini display port to hdmi/dvi/vga depending on what your display has and resolution.

The apple one is currently the only thunderbolt display, it also has those extra ports you might find useful