Thunderbolt network problems

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by mannendk, Apr 1, 2014.

1. mannendk macrumors newbie

I have some strange network problems on my new macBook pro. I can't connect my client software to my server. I can map the server, go on the internet etc. I the Network preferences Advanced-Hardware tab there isn't any Mac Address. If I connect to the network with wifi there is a mac address in the hardware tab and my client can connect to the server on the local network. Help me god dammit. As mentioned in the title of this post I connect to the Lan via a Thunderbolt go gigabit network adapter.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Go to System Prefs and in the Network pane click the little cog at the lower left then select Set Service Order. Now in that window drag the TB connection to the top and apply. This will make the Macbook prefer the TB connection when both connections are available and I think will solve your issue.

3. mannendk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Weaselboy, but it didn't help

If i run a ifconfig from the terminal I see the mac address of the Thunderbolt adapter. But it's not present in the hardware-tab and I'm pretty sure that the mac doesn't send out the mac address on the network. I guess the information is missing in some system file, but I don't know which. Anyone knows where it's stored?