Thunderbolt to HDMI Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by braddigan, Jun 11, 2011.

1. braddigan macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting to this forum. I need some help if you guys don't mind. I just recently purchased a new MacBook Pro about 3-4 weeks ago. Pretty much everything standard in terms of hardware and OS 10.6.

So I purchased a thunderbolt to HDMI convert cable. I've had it hooked up to a Sylvania and Visio TV's with no issue. I now have a Samsung model: LN19A450C1D and I'm having a "no signal" issue. Does anyone else have this issue or a solution. This is really frustrating. Please let me know what I can do. Thank you

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Are you on the correct HDIMI input on the TV? I.e.: HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.

3. smartarts macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem - MacBook Pro connected to a SONY TV via thunderbolt to hdmi adaptor (adaptor cost me about $45) - worked fine for about a month - now I keep getting drop outs with a "not a valid signal" error

4. Sam2lucky13 macrumors 6502

Sam2lucky13

I had a similar issue with my samsung...for some reason it wouldnt work with my hmdi 3 input so i went to hdmi 2 and made sure i had mirrored selected under preferences>Displays then i also had to manually select hdmi instead of internal speakers under audio too.

Im sure you all tried that but just in case.

5. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

Make sure you have the AMD GPU engaged. it won't work using the Intel integrated graphics, I don't believe.