Thunderbolt to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsme932, Oct 10, 2011.

1. itsme932 macrumors newbie

I have an HTC Thunderbolt at the moment and absolutely hate the phone. It is a horrible excuse for a phone.

One of my many problems is the horrible battery life. I have a huge "hump" on the back of it because I have an extended battery, causing the phone to feel like a brick.

I know it's going to vary for everyone and what not, but what is your typical battery life like on an iPhone?

I send about 200 texts a day or so on my Thunderbolt (when I actually get the messages on my phone). I try to check Facebook (when I actually have connection). I'd love to be able to play games and listen to music too.

What do you guys think? Would I get through the day on one charge? The phone is ridiculously useless, and I intend on letting Verizon know that.

2. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

200 texts a day??? :eek:

Most modern smartphones, when being used like that, especially when receiving facebook updates, tweets, emails, etc. rarely last a day.

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

200 texts a day isn't that many. I just keep my brightness settings on low and disable the Wifi when not in use. It should still last you a good seven hours unless you're constantly surfing the web/streaming.

4. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

It should last 14 to 16 hours... but then again, I'd rather have a streamlined OS and good battery life than a 4ghz quad core with 5" screen like the mobile world seems to be headed. :D

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

It should be clarified that 7 hours in iPhone talk does not mean turn it on at 8AM and its dead at 3PM.

7 Hours of Usage is what hes referring to. So if in an hour you pick up the phone, send 5 texts, read an email, and talk for 5 minutes, you have about 8 minutes usage, 52 minutes standby.

7 Hours of usage is probably 18-25 hours of the phone being on.

6. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Wow your issues sound worse than mine. I had issues with the battery too and some weird reboots. Rooting helped. Even though i loved the LTE speeds and screen size it felt like a tank. I'm back to iOS for my communication needs.

7. itsme932 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I send about 100 a day and receive the same amount. So the 200 was combined sent/received.

When you say it should last 7 or 8 hours, is that 7 or 8 hours of use or 7-8 hours just in my pocket. My Thunderbolt dies just sitting in my pocket in 6 hours without the extended battery.

Edit: Thanks for the clarification above.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Just sitting in your pocket in an area with good cellular reception should last you about 200 hours or a few days.

9. itsme932 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't even use the LTE speeds without being attached to a charger.