Thunderbolt Wall Port

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rustyk123, Jul 6, 2012.

1. rustyk123 macrumors member

What I am looking for is a Keystone jack of even just a plain wall plate with a thunderbolt port. I want a single thunderbolt port to plug into my new Retina MacBook Pro, inside the wall I would like to connect an hdmi output to my TV and and ethernet connection. I have run many cables through these walls before and I know that space is limited, but there is a drop ceiling with plenty of space to store whatever rig there is to do what I am looking for, if it even exists. What has been released to get me even close?

2. HotRodGuy macrumors regular

I spent some time looking for the same last month...couldn't find anything. Best option was an HDMI plug in the wall.

do thunderbolt to hdmi...hdmi to wall outlet...bam

3. rustyk123 thread starter macrumors member

That was the original plan. I upgraded to a real surround sound system that had HDMI inputs, so i had my old HDMI Switch that I thought would work perfect to have multiple HDMI ports around the room and have 1 input that auto selected based on the port being used. That was the plan when I was wall mounting the TV, then I could have one on each wall of the room.

I have the new Retina MacBook Pro, so the adapter is not necessary since I have an HDMI port already. I guess I don't really need Ethernet either since I have full 300Mbps wireless N and the Router is about 5 feet away from where I want it. I guess I will do this, then wait for some company to start selling the jacks and I will make a in-wall coupler, since apparently I am not the only one to have this idea. Thanks.