Thunderst0rm? Anyone heard of it?

RangerXML

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
I heard rumors earlier this week that someone was releasing a untethered j/b for 3.1.3 today called thunderst0rm, but thus far I haven't seen anything. Anyone see anything?

jmack549

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2007
It's fake. Apparently it "leaked" and I downloaded it. Scanned it and it came up as a virus. Ran it on a VM at work and it installed all kinds of viruses.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Why do people persist in bringing up these fake jailbreak group and sites. :confused:

If someone has used Google and done more than 30 minutes of research, certainly they have read about reputable hacker groups and all the scams and fakes.

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Why do people persist in bringing up these fake jailbreak group and sites. :confused:

If someone has used Google and done more than 30 minutes of research, certainly they have read about reputable hacker groups and all the scams and fakes.
Because this is an iPhone forum where people can ask questions?

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Ah, I see, this is the elitist forum then. Not for ordinary people to ask things they don't know. Silly me.
Sorry you took it that way. I was trying to say that people that do a little research ahead of time get the most out of this forum. Don't be so sensitive my little lamb...

Killquake

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
They put up a download link to the final version of Thunderst0rm today on that blog posted earlier, anyone know if the program is legit/will work?

Penguissimo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2009
Michigan
They put up a download link to the final version of Thunderst0rm today on that blog posted earlier, anyone know if the program is legit/will work?
From post #13 of this very thread:

It's fake. Apparently it "leaked" and I downloaded it. Scanned it and it came up as a virus. Ran it on a VM at work and it installed all kinds of viruses.
Wouldn't count on it.

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Well...

We've also heard of Syphillis and Gonorrhea but that doesn't mean we want anything to do with it, lol! Treat Thunderstorm the same way!! It's rubbish!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.