Thursday Delivery? Has to be a mistake...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmcunningham, Sep 13, 2016.

1. jmcunningham macrumors newbie

jmcunningham

I mentioned this in the Apple.com pre-order thread, but thought I would post this separately to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I ordered my 7+ Friday around 2:10a cst. Card was charged almost immediately...when I woke up 3 hours later at 5:30a, I had an email from my CC asking me to confirm the charges. I confirmed, logged back in to Apple, and recharged the card. By 7a my status was "Preparing for shipment".

So all weekend, I've been watching the Apple order status, UPS tracking by ref, and my support profile. Still nothing when I went to bed last night. This am, my phone shows up in my support profile. Apple.com status still "Preparing for shipment". I searched UPS by reference id, using my order # (minus last 2 digits), nothing. Search by phone number, and I see the delivery of my two iPhone Lightning docks yesterday, and a new item coming from China with a delivery of Thursday Sept 15 by 10:30a.

I decided to register for UPS to see more details. I tried searching again by order number, and this is what I see now. I have nothing else on order from Apple.com (since my other two items were delivered yesterday. And my wife's phone was ordered from Verizon, and is coming via Fed Ex). So this has to be my phone...I'm guessing the date will eventually change. I've just never seen anyone get a Thursday date, even temporarily.
    Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 7.06.52 AM.png

2. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

Well its definitely possible despite what some people will say.

I received my iPhone 5 one day early when it released. Some slip through the process. This *could* change to Friday at any moment though as carriers usually hold it until release day...but it appears you do have a good possibility of getting it early.

3. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Either you could be a lucky one because every year a few lucky people get the early shipment, but it most likely will be held for a Friday delivery.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yup. Not atypical. It'll get held at the hub. Occasionally one or two get through early. FedEx and UPS allegedly get fined big time for such mistakes.

If you do happen to get it early, you'll be a very popular guy on MRF though.

5. jmcunningham thread starter macrumors newbie

jmcunningham

Yeah, its hard not to get my hopes up that I've somehow fallen into some weird exception. Its odd to see the 9/15 date, and also see the 10:30a time. I thought most people have shown an "end of day" delivery window? So I've got 2 oddities at the moment.

I just hope it corrects itself soon, before I start to think it might be real.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2016 ---
    Thanks for the info..I was mostly looking to see if this had happened in the past. Sounds like it has, and will get held no matter what the date says. Oh well, it was fun to think about for a few minutes, at least :)

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Sounds like a classification mistake (Next Day Air instead of Next Day Air Saver). Interesting.

7. jmcunningham thread starter macrumors newbie

jmcunningham

To quote Dumb and Dumber...."so you're saying there is a chance" :)

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Exactly!