TI Connect X "cannot communicate"? Access TI-84 filesystem without software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by moonman239, Jan 1, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

1) I am trying to connect to my TI-84 calculator using TI Connect X, which "cannot communicate" with the device. I've done a little research and it seems like they are aware of the issue and said they were going to release a fix. It has now been a few months since that time. I have the most recent copy. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8, the same OS that someone else with the same problem was running. Maybe updating the software to the newest version of Snow Leopard will do the trick.

2) I want to be able to be able to access my TI-84's filesystem without any software needed. For example, I could use the calculator to transfer a PowerPoint/Keynote presentation to a friend's computer even if that friend does not have TI-Connect installed.

2. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

It's a known issue. They have been lazy and wouldn't update their software to work with Lion. Contact them and they will say try to reinstall and wait for update.

4. skinniezinho macrumors 65816

Your best bet is to compile TILP for mac.
    I mailed them 1 year ago, and still nothing.
    I put a post on facebook to see if they move.If you can put a like or tell something.
    I paid a lot for my V200 and every time I must use it I must go to windows :S