Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

storage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
Is there somebody that has gotten the game "Tibia" to work in Mac OS X? With Crossover Mac or something.

I've been trying for quite some time now and I'm pretty much stuck. All I've been able to do is display a really glitchy menu and login screen.

I'm currently running it in Parallels, but it's not that fun, to be honest. Low framerate and no light effects.

So, is anyone successfully playing Tibia (with light effects)?

Thanks in advance!

PaulNahal

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2007
Don't waste your time on that game.

The community is fake, the game designers have forgotten their demographic.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
Le 'orrid!

xP

In all seriousness, that's a pretty outdated game. Get yourself a trial of a better MMO and get hooked.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Whoa! If the guy likes the game...

It's probably possible in Crossover since it's just a 2D game (or at least when I last saw it). Should work a charm in the new Parallels too. And of course will run perfect in Bootcamp - but that's an entirely different kettle o' fish.

Xitwoundz

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2009
If you ever do find a way to play tibia on the mac, you should get asprate ip changer , so you can play open tibia... :) WAYYYY better than the original game and there are thousands of servers to suit your style for wasting your time

:confused: servers on otservlist.org

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.