Tibook 1ghz +Time Capsule= only works on Leopard, right?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by California, Jul 28, 2008.

1. California macrumors 68040

California

A friend of mine with a 1 ghz Titanium powerbook, maxed out, accidently bought a Time Capsule when I thought she was just getting a regular Airport Extreme.

Time Capsule only works with Leopard right?

What is the feasibility of Leopard on a 1ghz Tibook with only that one gig of ram?

i didn't like how Leopard worked on my 1.5ghz G4 Mac Mini with that 1 gig of ram limit on the G4 mini's.

I even had Dashboard disabled. She's going to beachball out if she upgrades to Leopard and that's the only way Time Capsule works, right?

She can't even get it to give a wireless signal, only can hook up through an ethernet cable on the Powerbook. I don't think this is going to work for her machine... am I right?

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Time Machine is a 10.5 only feature.

You can still use an Airport Extreme Base Station (AEBS) with Time capsule though. You just won't have the ability to use Time Machine with it (for obvious reasons). You should be able to use the disk space for other stuff though, like manually backing up or using a different backup program.

I don't understand why her machine can't even see the AEBS though. Did you run software update (for both the mac and AEBS)?

3. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

I haven't actually looked at the set up. She's on Tiger, last update I presume.

I just don't think it is a great idea to put Leopard on a Tibook, right?

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Probably not a great idea. You could, but I doubt it would be extremely useful.