TiBook Airport Problems

TEG

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Yesterday, I set up my TiBook to do some transfers to my TiVo. The system was sitting on a book on my bed. I came back several hours later to find that the TiBook had disconnected from the AirPort network. I tried to reconnect but it found no networks. I reset all 4 of my routers, and still nothing. I opened the case and removed the AirPort card, reconnected it in the bay and closed everything up. Started up the computer... Nothing. I then moved one of my routers (AirPort Express) into my room to use it as a source for an ethernet cable. When I plugged it in, and after connecting to it's parent router, the TiBook saw the network for about 5 minutes. I was very upset by now, so I turned off my AirPort card and connected the network cable.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I had a similar problem last summer, but I assumed it had something to do with the public Wi-Fi I was using at the time, and went away when I went home. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Just so I don't get these posts...

1) Already reset the PMU.
2) Already repaired permissions.
3) Can't seem to get OS 9 to boot to test the card there due to some bus error. Working on fixing that.

TEG

TEG

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Update!!!

I've run Tech Tool Pro, and it found several files with errors. I fixed them. Then if found corrupt data. One involved Sim Tower, so I trashed the folder. The other was System. I assumed the System folder (for OSX) and did an archive and install of OSX. Still no dice.

I also created another user account, nada. I'm about running out of ideas. I have an external HD I'll try bootin' from tomorrow and see if it will work then. If not, I guess I'll be SOL.

Please, anyone, share your ideas on ways to fix this.

TEG

j/k/Andy

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
I use a TiBook everyday, maybe once a month I loose the signal after my wireless phone breaks the connection and then it won't reconnect. I have to turn Airport off, wait 30 seconds then it comes back.

Use it with a airport express in the same room.

TEG

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I don't know why, but after some minor tweaks to my system and loading the latest security update (after the reinstall) it is working again.

TEG