Ticket Sales/.PDF Download Widget for iWeb?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by mgangi3878, Jun 7, 2012.

1. mgangi3878 macrumors newbie

I am designing a website on iWeb for a local non-profit agency who is putting on a special event. They wanted the capability to sell tickets for the event online to increase potential donors and visitors. Is there a way that I can add this capability in iWeb? Currently running Lion. Also, I was looking for an easy way to insert a .PDF form for download for volunteers that would like to assist. Any help would be great. Perhaps it's as simple as adding a widget or something of that nature. I just don't know where to look. Thanks!

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

All you need is a link to the PDF form. Nothing fancy at all.

Selling tickets online is harder bcuase I assume you want each ticket to be unique with a serial number and the person'r name printed on it. This requires a script on the server. Not something you can do with iWeb. But if you don't care and it's OK to have every ticket be identical then just link to a PDF file of your ticket. (But what's the point if it it every ticket is the same?)

3. mgangi3878 thread starter macrumors newbie

More on Tickets

I think the important element would be to accept payment so the funds can be awarded to the non-profit agency. Is there a way to make the .PDF only downloadable after a payment is received? Can I set-up a PayPal account with the non-profit strictly for this event and use a PayPal widget of some sort to collect the funds? I see what you mean about numbering tickets. Perhaps a receipt of payment from PayPal would be accepted. Do you know of links to any sites that I can simply direct clients to that provide a temporary webpage that can be designed for ticket sales?

4. theironheath macrumors newbie

theironheath