Ticket stub storage ideas?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Decrepit, May 19, 2008.

1. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

Hey there,

[​IMG]

As you can see, I have a ticket or two. I'm wondering if anybody has any favorite methods for keeping their tickets safe.

I'm using envelopes in a safe, but I'm sure there is a better way. Any ideas?

And for you hockey fans out there, that is indeed the stub from Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 between the Avs and Devils from 2001. It was awesome.

I have scanned every one of them and use them as an iPhoto screensaver. It's fun to watch the stubs from concerts, hockey, football and other events hit the screen.

I appreciate any suggestions!

2. remmy macrumors 6502a

I have a large book that is quite battered now.

All the tickets are glued inside

Also put the price stickers from cds on the outside, well used to.

3. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

I don't see why anyone would steal used stubs, so you could always get a big glass poster frame, frame them and put that up on the wall. I'm sure it'd be pretty impressive if you see them all at once.

b.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

A small-picture photo album, or a postage stamp book, come to mind.

5. bartelby macrumors Core

Except not many ticket use light fast inks. After a year or so in the light you're left with discoloured bits of paper.

6. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

unless you hang the picture facing the wall...

7. Decrepit thread starter macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I'm not worried about theft, but just the ability to store them in a manner that won't damage the tickets.

I have been thinking of doing a set of frames, and am kind of using iPhoto to get ready for something like that by making it easier to identify and separate the events by date. I had all of the NHL tickets in order, and the NFL tickets separate, etc. But if I wanted some sort of chronological order from my first Rush concert through all of that hockey, it will take some work.

But that's the way I'd been thinking of going.

For the poster concerned with the sunfade, as I understand it, there is glass that you can get that will protect the ink.

If I do the framing, I need to find the right frame, and enough wall space to put them up. :)

Funny. I'm not the diary writing type. But nice find.