Ticking while scrolling

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by morse, Oct 22, 2007.

1. morse macrumors newbie

When I scroll up or down, the internal speaker on my Mac Pro makes a really rapid ticking sound. Same happens on my PowerBook. Muting sound doesn't change it, nor does increasing or decreasing volume. Anybody else notice this?

2. astrostu macrumors 6502

Are you sure it's the speaker? In some applications, especially Dreamweaver, when I do anything in them I hear a very subtle, rapid ticking. I have assumed that this is some sort of I/O with the hardware - it's definitely NOT coming through the speakers, and it's only on a few applications.

3. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

Sounds like the standard sort of power supply/audio glitch feedback that Apple is famous for. Siracusa has an excellent article on the issue.

4. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

I've heard of this exact same thing happening... just trying to find where I saw it.

5. morse thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting! The ticking does sound like a really quiet version of the infuriating sound my computer makes when thinking about anything more than idle.

I thought it was a lousy fan, and it's driving me up the wall. If my computer was less than 14 days old I would return it and get my money back. I will need to do some digging and see if there is any way to fix this.