tickling sounds coming when i move or shake my Mac book

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bhanu08, Aug 12, 2009.

1. bhanu08 macrumors newbie

hi i can hear some tickling sounds coming from my mac book, i think some thing wrong is going under the left side of key board(near keys tab,capslock,q,w,a,s....). i think fan is hitting some thing inside

Need experts comment on it.

thank you
    bhanu

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

That's your hard disk parking itself. Your MacBook has a motion sensor in it that senses when the laptop is moving and stops the hard disk to avoid damage. Sudden movement is bad for laptops with hard disks in them; it can make all sorts of nasty things happen.

Stop shaking your MacBook while it's running; it's not good for it :)

3. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Yup as already said, when idiots purposely shake or regular people accidentally shake their macbooks the motion sensor shuts off the drive quickly with a CLICK so that you don't loose your data.

-Omi

4. bhanu08 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok then what is the remedy to stop it, i tried with other mac book but i cant find hear any sound.

5. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

I don't remember quite well but whereever you just mentioned, if its a white macbook (or similiar) then that is where the harddrive is because its on the left palmrest area.

If its a unibody then I'm not sure because the unibody harddrive is on the right palm rest.