TICKR heart rate strap

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gelie, Jul 8, 2015.

1. gelie macrumors regular

hello should I be able to pair my TICKR heart rate strap with my watch? It's ANT+\Bluthooth. Thx

2. leventozler macrumors 6502

3. skipcooney macrumors newbie

I find that my TICKR will only connect to my watch if I turn off bluetooth on my iPhone before I put on the TICKR strap. Works well when I run it that way. TICKR provides much better heart rate data during exercise, and I can monitor my HR in real time on my watch.

4. Beeray macrumors regular

I just received my heart rate strap and it paired instantly. My Bluetooth is always on for my watch so I had no problems. Hopefully, it's more accurate than the watch. I keep my Bluetooth on for my iPhone also with no problems.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

If using the strap, how does one turn off the HR sensor on the AW?

6. enduro0125 macrumors member

I believe it defaults to the chest strap automatically

7. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Thanks very much

8. enduro0125 macrumors member

I wore the chest strap on a bicycle ride and then used the watch HR monitor on a walk later in the day.

The watch monitor eats the battery up fast

9. Gitgat macrumors newbie

From what i can tell, when you pair the apple watch with the Tickr and they are connected the apple watch does not use it's build in sensor for heart rate measurements. If you look in the health data even after a short workout it's flooded with measurements from the tickr but nothing from the watch. I mean like 10 times a minute at least measurement wise but there isn't any data from the watch.
    I just ran a quick test with mine and started a workout on the watch with the tickr paired and I didn't see the green led's light up on the bottom like I do when I don't have the tickr paired.

Also I've noticed on days when I forget my tickr the apple watch definitely takes more of a battery hit during workouts.