tiff file question

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by medasmx, Dec 17, 2010.

1. medasmx, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010

medasmx macrumors member

I want to write an iPhone program that downloads a scanned file, adds two lines of text (like a footer or header) and then allows it to be emailed. It would be used to assist in medical billing. Any ideas, or sample code? Thanks.

2. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Start here :)

3. medasmx thread starter macrumors member

Not exactly a real helpful post (referencing to beginning mac programming on wikipedia). Maybe don't bother if you don't intend to address the question.

There is some sample code regarding PDF files on the apple developer site (which I am reviewing). I am guessing you can download a PDF to the images on the camera, then access it through the app (what I would like to do). My real question is regarding placing a couple of text lines to the PDF, then emailing the two together. There is some good sample code about the use of emailing, which I have covered.

My original post was just addressing adding text to the PDF, so that it could then be emailed. Thanks.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Developing is not stitching together pieces of other peoples code that you don't understand. The previous post was along the write lines: learn to crawl before you try to run.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Well, to be honest, your original post was rather vague in what kind of help you wanted. Don't be a Help Vampire. The more specific you can be will usually help when your intent is Getting Answers.

See. This is better. You're starting to explain what you know and what you've already tried. Your first post didn't even mention PDFs.

P.S. You might also want to consider writing your text onto an image context and then saving that back out.

7. medasmx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestions. Will do some reading. Have a good one.

Adam