Tiger and Leopard together on the same Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macro, Dec 16, 2007.

1. macro macrumors member

Mentioned in another thread was the probability that Tiger and Leopard can run together at the same time. Tiger supports my photographic post processing Nikon Capture NX. Leopard doesn't yet according to Nikon support. Can I run both OS's on a mac pro which I have just ordered? Would I be better off removing Leopard and using only Tiger until any bugs are worked out. This MacPro is going to do all my post processing work flow. I need to know what I need to do. I have no fear of the OS, whichever it is, I just need to understand the basic question asked. My livelihood depends on it.

I used to love Mac but went to PC when finances were tight. I am back to Mac in a big investment way. Thanks to all of you for this great forum.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

not at the same time. a prallels solution wont work either

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

There should be no problem. Just partition your drive (or use another internal/external drive) and install Tiger (or Leopard, whichever one you're not currently using) on that partition.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

In that case, just stick to Tiger. No doubt about that at all.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you can do this but he was asking about running both at same time which is not feasible

6. macro thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Dukebound85 - that is what I was interested in. I cannot run both at the same time. Makes sense. I am just coming over to Mac from PC and thought that it made no sense that two OS's could be run together.

My last Mac was a Power Mac from 98. I went to PC after that due to cost. Mistake. One has to be very careful to not run opposing programs on any computer. As I ask questions and sort through the answers I can find common sense. Very grateful for your time to answer my question. Also, the rest of you who took the time to give an ear and answer.