Tiger applications?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by renok, Mar 2, 2009.

1. renok macrumors newbie

Can i download the apps listed on http://www.apple.com/downloads/ with a powerbook that has tiger? If not, where can i find the old official Apple app downloads for tiger?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If the app is compatible with Tiger, then yes. You'll have to look at the requirements for each app to find that out.

3. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Yeah, you can download anything off the downloads page as long as it meets your system requirements. For every application on the Apple downloads page, there is a system requirements section as shown below.

Attached Files:

4. renok thread starter macrumors newbie

ok...the thing is....im buying a used powerbook G4 tommorow which has tiger on it now. It will be my first Mac...do lots of apps accept tiger?

5. GreenyOSX macrumors newbie

Pretty much, I've had Tiger for a very long time and my little kitty can do somewhat everything. :D
    You'll need to live with the fact that Apple has dropped support for it though, and that really new applications might not run on it anymore.
    But I presonally find that Tiger is much handier to work with as a first mac.

6. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Adium 1.4 (not out yet) and TextMate 2 (also not out yet) are examples of apps that require Leopard or newer.