Tiger - Browsers

Cindy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
There have been quite a few topics on browsers but couldn't really find any that specifically talked about favorite ones with Tiger.
On my ibook (Tiger) I'm using Safari.
For those of you on Tiger - what browser are you using?
On my emac OS X I'm using Firefox 1.0 and IE as a backup for those websites that won't support Firefox.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I'm using Camino because I started to experience slow downs w/ Safari. Ok to be fair, I used Safari, then when it started to become sluggish I tried Firefox. Then on MR I heard mention that Camino was made specifically for Macs so I gave it a whirl. Instantly deleted Firefox. :D On occasion, Camino doesn't render a site properly, then I switch back to Safari.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
devilot76 said:
I'm using Camino because I started to experience slow downs w/ Safari. Ok to be fair, I used Safari, then when it started to become sluggish I tried Firefox. Then on MR I heard mention that Camino was made specifically for Macs so I gave it a whirl. Instantly deleted Firefox. :D On occasion, Camino doesn't render a site properly, then I switch back to Safari.
Same as devilot76, I use Camino and Safari as a backup browser. I use Camino because I love it dearly (see sig). I think it's the best featured, fastest Mac browser (a few bugs, but they're getting ironed out all the time). Plus, it gives me both the yummy cocoa aftertaste, and the yummy open-source aftertaste. :D

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I usually use Safari, Camino, or my own browser surfDude (check my blog for it). I won't touch Firefox until it gets to the same level of Mac friendliness that Safari and Camino are at.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Safari all the way for me. Can be a little frustrating at times with being slow to load pages but i'm hoping my imminently arriving PowerBook purchase will help solve that :)

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Washington, DC
Safari. I use Camino for my Internet banking site because for whatever reason when I put my password in in Safari it claims it's wrong, but when I use Camino it works. Very bizarre.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2005
UK
iindigo said:
I usually use Safari, Camino, or my own browser surfDude (check my blog for it). I won't touch Firefox until it gets to the same level of Mac friendliness that Safari and Camino are at.
I thought I'd give this guys surfDude a try. Its kinda cool in a simple simple way! I like it, I like it alot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.