Tiger Cache Cleaner is haunting me!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dopeyman, May 30, 2007.

1. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

I've tried AppZapper and I basically deleted everything under that category. But now this little pic is haunting me!! I can't get rid of it! Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to get rid of this lil pop up? TIA!!! :confused:

Attached Files:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Did you look in your Sys Prefs -> Accounts -> Your account -> Login items to see if there is an item associated with this program? If there is, AppZapper must've missed it. Delete it from the list in Sys Prefs and you should be good.

3. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I checked that area when I got home from work, and that folder is empty...

Any other ideas?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, you could check the various StartupItems folders in your hard drive's and your system's Library folder...

5. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope.. I can't find anything related to the cache cleaner in any of the startupitems folders.. I only have 1 user created anyway.

Maybe I should re-install the app and try the appzapper again...

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

7. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Have you considered finding the author of this app and beating the info out of him with a @#$%ing brick?

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Next, check /library/preferencepanes and ~/library/preferencepanes to see if there might be a pane for that app in there. If so, delete it.

9. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

yep.. that's how I've been doing my "searches" for this annoyance...

10. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL.. yeah.. I think that's what I'm gonna do if after re-installing this thing doesn't work....

11. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

yep.. I checked there also...

12. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I just went to the author's website and wrote an email... So now I'll just wait for a response.

I'll post the results when I get an answer just in case anyone else has this problem, or for future reference.

13. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I finally got the haunting to stop with the help of I guess the author of the application..... Here's a direct quote of their email response.

Hello,

TCC is an application, and thus uninstalling is fairly easy. A key to removing it however is to ensure that Automatic Maintenance is off. Instructions to do this are detailed in the users manual. Once Automatic Maintenance is off, just drag TCC to the trash and it is uninstalled. If you wish to be thorough, you can also trash the Preference files as well. If you have already deleted TCC, please feel free to download it again to complete the removal process.

If you prefer, you can remove TCC manually instead. In the Terminal or Activity Monitor applications, kill the TCC engine process. In the System Preferences, remove the TCC Engine from the Login Items. In your Preferences, delete the TCC related files.

Regards,

John Lowrey
    Northern Softworks