tiger desktop?

extremo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
MN
I know all of the releases of 10.x have had their own default aqua desktop, but I was wondering if anyone has seen the new default desktop for tiger. i have personally always loved them, and the recent screens of tiger seem to have panthers. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Chris Grande

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
I know I was thinking the same thing myself... that along with a new "Welcome" movie. Anyone know?

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
There's a different Welcome video. It's wicked. Cool music. I know it was posted on the forums a while ago, but I can't seem to find it. Dig through some searches.
And I just read on the Centerstage forums they've included a different default background with this release of tiger, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Oh well, it'll be worth the surprise.

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
That looks amazing. I'm kinda sad I peeked since it takes away from the whole new Tiger experience, but I am weak.

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
I don't know about this...

I have a feeling that the Panther desktop is going to continue to be the desktop in Tiger since they've already made a welcome video with the Panther desktop. And note that not all of the Mac OS X releases had their own new wallpaper. Mac OS 9 had the same desktop as Cheetah and Puma except Cheetah and Puma had it in blue rather than grey.

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
Well we're at this, does anyone have a link to the Jaguar/Puma/Cheetah intro video? It was posted in that other thread, but I never had a chance to check it out and the link's dead now.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
lol i just thought that looks like my .Mac webby site lol and guess what it was !!! lol

some kind gent sent me some picys of the tiger desktops and they look coooool but no i do not have the full size one's as i do not have tiger 10.4 yet sorry

EDIT : PIC HAS BEEN REMOVED BY E-MAIL SENDERS REQUEST / THREAT OF APPLE LEGAL -SORRY

stoid

macrumors 601
Now, the question is, what is the song they are using. In the past they've used Royksopp and Kruder & Dorfmeister.

Though I must say that this song really gives me a more feel-good-warm-fuzzy feeling than the previous two. :p

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
I've been playing around with the latest tiger, and they do have a differnt aqua background. You may have to buy it to see, but it's similar the the Panther one.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
jackieonasses said:
I Linked a mirror for you guys.. IT has every Tiger desktop background for it...

here
so are these the official ones that come with Tiger? nice! i like em no matter what, sweet looking thats for sure

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.