Tiger discussions

brap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Since it's now "out", people are starting discusisons about this and that, and posting screenies and such of their new toy...

It'd be good to know where the MR staff stand on this, with perhaps some ground rules being set of what's taboo and what's not -- if only to clarify the implied etiquette of "Sort it out yourself until it's legal".

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
brap said:
Since it's now "out", people are starting discusisons about this and that, and posting screenies and such of their new toy...

It'd be good to know where the MR staff stand on this, with perhaps some ground rules being set of what's taboo and what's not -- if only to clarify the implied etiquette of "Sort it out yourself until it's legal".
I dont see the problem here. We could just head down to the Apple store, play around for an hour, and discuss.

Comment

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Lacero said:
I dont see the problem here. We could just head down to the Apple store, play around for an hour, and discuss.
I was at the Apple store in Newark, DE and they said they won't have any copies of Tiger until the 28th.

Comment

brap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Lacero said:
True, true. I was rather meaning threads of this kind of nature. Surely there's a difference between rumours, which we're all about, and blatant piracy discussions.

Comment

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
Lacero said:
I don't think Tiger will be installed on demo machines yet. It's not arrived with UK Resellers (not at our company anyway) and I don't think Apple will want people playing with it yet until people can buy it

Tiger has been announced, it's not out yet.

Comment

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I don't think there is any problem talking about it.

Just do not post links or hints as to where these obviously pirated copies are obtained, and we will all be happy :)

Comment

brap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
edesignuk said:
I don't think there is any problem talking about it.

Just do not post links or hints as to where these obviously pirated copies are obtained, and we will all be happy :)
Cool, just curious where the line was.

:)

Comment

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
As edesignuk explained, you may not post links to or instructions for obtaining Tiger or other software illegally. MacRumors does not encourage or support illegal sharing of software or breaking of license agreements or NDAs. Posts giving assistance to those looking for or using bootleg software will be treated as forum rule violations. Posts talking about the issue of bootlegging (such as this post) are acceptable.

Discussion of Tiger features is acceptable and an obvious topic of interest to forum members.

Comment

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
Doctor Q said:
As edesignuk explained, you may not post links to or instructions for obtaining Tiger or other software illegally. MacRumors does not encourage or support illegal sharing of software or breaking of license agreements or NDAs. Posts giving assistance to those looking for or using bootleg software will be treated as forum rule violations. Posts talking about the issue of bootlegging (such as this post) are acceptable.

Discussion of Tiger features is acceptable and an obvious topic of interest to forum members.
Seems fair. Glad there is a clear policy on this issue.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.