tiger disk? am I OK

Discussion in 'iMac' started by basslik, Jun 18, 2012.

1. basslik macrumors member

Hi everyone, and happy fathers day,

OK I lost my original Tiger disks to my Imac 2.0 duo core and I purchased the Leopard upgrade, then Snow Leopard. I'm having issues with my Pro Tools software and I think I will need to do a clean install of everything, basically starting from scratch. sorry I didn't use time machine (YIKES), but the digi forum highly recommends a clean install, and I think I was able to install Leopard with my original disks?, if not I guess I'll have to purchase Tiger from Apple?.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you bought a retail disc of Leopard or Snow Leopard, you can use either of those disks. If not, you can either order replacement discs that shipped with your model by calling Apple (800-767-2775 in the US), or you can buy a retail copy of Snow Leopard.

3. basslik thread starter macrumors member

Thanks GGJstudios for chiming in,

Yes I did buy both upgrades at the Apple store, now these are the $29 upgrade disks I bought, is that the same as retail, or is that something different. I just found out a dam client stole it from my studio, and trying to track him down, and the sad part about it, is that I fixed a mix he did for free and that's how I get treated, not good.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The SL retail is $29, as shown in the link I posted, so if that's what you bought, you're good.

5. basslik thread starter macrumors member

Thank you bud,

I DIG THE LOGO, VERY COOL. going to buy Lion now that many on Pro Tools are having good luck with it, thanks again and have a great week.