Resolved Tiger iChat Facebook Chat

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Facebook chat on my G4 is getting horribly slow in TFF. Remembering I could use iChat for such things, I gave it a spin. But I can never seem to get it to work. :confused:

This is the error I get.

These are my server settings.

Is there any way to fix this? Have I got any of the server settings wrong? Perhaps the most concerning matter of all is that the password box appears to always contain a password with more characters than my facebook password has... is iChat attempting to use a different password every time? And if so, how is this fixed?

Any help appreciated. :)

Last edited:

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
Facebook chat on my G4 is getting horribly slow in TFF. Remembering I could use iChat for such things, I gave it a spin. But I can never seem to get it to work. :confused:

This is the error I get.

These are my server settings.

Is there any way to fix this? Have I got any of the server settings wrong? Perhaps the most concerning matter of all is that the password box appears to always contain a password with more characters than my facebook password has... is iChat attempting to use a different password every time? And if so, how is this fixed?

Any help appreciated. :)
Never could get iChat working

kalel77

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
Well Adium is good too but I still prefer iChat even for Facebook.
Anyway you're having some issue because I read somewhere that Facebook is going to stop using the "Facebook email" service and I think this is having consequence on third party software used for Facebook users chat.