Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'macOS' started by AlexSpark, Mar 11, 2005.
hahaha you bastard i just saw that and you beat me to posting it by three minutes..... haha oh well i hope thinksecret is right because that would be just spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!
That would be fantastic!!!
Oh ^&%&^, I'm broke.
What a surprise on a Friday night! The funny thing is that the release event is scheduled for April 1. So it could be some sort of April's fool joke. Given recent development, I would still bet on a release in late May/early June (WWDC). I guess, we have to wait and see.
I am torn about this news.
Part of me wanted Apple to take more time to put more features in and keep banging out the bugs. Since this is the last release we are getting for a couple of years, I want as many goodies as Apple can throw our way.
With that said, I'm also psyched. This is sooner than I was expecting, and it is going to be a blast playing with Tiger. I just hope there are no critical bugs like there were in Panther.
Yeah, but April 15 is tax day, so we should all have our refunds to get Tiger.
I WANT TO BELIEVE!
I hope its true,I cant wait to try it!
Im suprised more people arent going to wait a month or so to see if there are any serious bugs and wait untill a later version comes out more clean and crisp.
Tiger GM is on the internet!!
I have seen Tiger GM builds so it is possible to have Tiger on April 1
And I am not joking. So I hope is Apple.
Now lets hope they have squashed the last few bugs.
The latest builds where already quite stable (Maya worked like a charm)
I understand what you're saying here and I agree.
In my case, I have another Mac where I can load Tiger and see if anything I use breaks. If that works okay and I see no reports from other users that might indicate issues for me on my main machine, then it will get loaded there.
Based on what issues I had with Jaguar and Panther, I expect I shouldn't have any major impediments to going to Tiger fairly quickly.
So anyway add me to the count of people who will order Tiger right away. (In my case the family pack.)
Umm...I sincerely doubt those are GM builds. If they are, they were so labelled to attract Think Secret readers who believe everything Think Secret puts to print.
Is Tiger available for pre-order on the Apple web site??
Not yet but check www.apple.com. It will be a bit more reliable in this case than someone in here telling you it is possible when it may not be I think this whole thing is hilarious. I'm equally as excited to try Tiger ... I like Tigers better than Panthers anyway I just think it is funny that people ask such definite questions as if the answers we give are coming from the lips of Steve Jobs himself. I mean, people answer as if they actually know. They're so confident with their own speculation. I too hope it is released ... and that there are few if any significant bugs in the product. I'll order it just as soon as I can directly from Apple. I think you can use your student discount to get a family pac for around $160 or so. I can't wait! I can tell you can't either
Hmmm, just had some Apple training on iLife 05 for our merchandisers - and he's talking about coming back next month to do some more on OS X since he said he 'should have a copy of Tiger' by then...
I don't think you can use your student discount for family packs, the logic being that students [generally] don't have [their own] families. At least on Apple's website, the OS X, iLife, iWork, etc come only in single user versions on the student website.
Just type Tiger on http://store.apple.com/ 's search engine. Until it appears there, no it is not available. http://www.amazon.com/ however has become bold enough to make it available for preorder on their website.
Here's hoping that we can get our hands on it 4/1/2005!
If the Tiger upgrade will be released in April it'll be the only upside of waiting for a new powerbook to be delivered since ordered on Feb 1st.
Hopefully I'll be able to get a free version of Tiger with the "within 30 days" rule.
/me crossing another day off the calendar.
Tiger HAS NOT.
I repeat HAS NOT gone GM yet.
The latest beta build is ONLY 6 days OLD and has only been out to testers for 4 days.
It has several MAJOR BUGS that have been REPORTED to APPLE in the last 2 days.
Those will HAVE to be fixed before it goes GM.