Tiger Install Disk

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by daybreak, Apr 14, 2011.

1. daybreak macrumors 6502a

Not certain if in right section. I have fixed my G4 and need Tiger to install. Would any person have the software which i could borrow. Willing to pay for any expenses and a little extra.
    Have asked around and have been offered the earth. But no person has the software.
    Thank you

2. simsaladimbamba

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You need to explain which G4 you have and which version of Tiger you are looking for. simsaladimbamba's question is important. If your G4 shipped with Tiger, then you may need not Tiger but the specific System Restore disc that shipped with your computer.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Borrow? What happens when you give it back?

If you actually borrow a cup of sugar from a neighbor, you don't give the same cup of sugar back, but when you buy some sugar, you take a cup of that back to the neighbor. If it was your cup to begin with, then you'll need a cup from the neighbor to take the sugar back in. Practically speaking, when the transaction is completed, you no longer have even a trace of what belonged to the neighbor left.

How do you envision that the above applies to software?

5. daybreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have the G4 Quicksilver. No it did not come with Tiger. All it needs is the Tiger install disk.
    If i borrow sugar it will be gone.
    I guess people dont lend software which they dont use anymore. I contacted Apple and they dont stock the product.
    I guess my next stop would be to look at e-bay and pay £30/40 just to install Tiger.
    I cant use internet unless i have Tiger in computer.
    Thank you for all the reply. I blame Apple for not keeping stock.So in 10 years Snow Leopard will not be available?

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

No company keeps stock of old software for long, I'd be shocked if you could still buy XP from Microsoft which this is about like doing. and you are correct that in 10 years, from now Snow Leopard will not be available from Apple. But you can always still get them from ebay.

7. daybreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not certain but i believe there was a law that all companies must keep spare parts for so many years.
    Anyway i dont wish to get into a debate.
    All i'm asking can any one help me out with my request?.
    If no. There are other paths to take. Which has been made clear and know about.
    If yes. I will cover all cost and extra.
    It seems community spirit has nose dived and this day and age with modern technology one cant be to careful.
    Once again many thanks for the replies.

8. ntg macrumors regular

ntg

Are you in the UK or US?

Let me know - I have all the disks going back to IIGS days, so I'll be able to locate a copy of Tiger no problem.

Regards
    Nigel

9. daybreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nigel did you get my e-mail yesterday? Regards the disk?

10. steveoc macrumors regular

Enrolling in the Apple's developer's program gives you access to legacy OSs.

11. omtatsat macrumors member

omtatsat

well on Ebay you will find many offers for Tiger. He who looks finds.

12. daybreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi Steveoc. Were would one find that site.
    If the other person read my thread he would that i'm aware of E-Bay.
    Thanks for reminding me. Danke Schon.

13. steveoc macrumors regular

14. daybreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

I had a look at that site for a good one hour and cant find anything regards the software Tiger.
    I do appreciate the time and trouble one takes to help people. But may i ask?
    I'am looking at the correct section?

15. steveoc macrumors regular

From the page I have linked previously click on Member Center. Once you login (You need an account), Find Dev Centers and click on Mac. Scroll down the resultant page and under Additional Downloads, click all downloads. On that page look to the right for a Downloads sidebar and click Mac OS X. About 3/4 down the page you will see various iterations of Mac OS 10.4.X.

16. daybreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank for all that information. But as you live in the USA, for some reason here in England it those not seem to have a site. Once i click unto the item it skips back to the USA web-page.
    I guess you must be a member?