Tiger install help PLEASE

Discussion in 'macOS' started by matei566, May 19, 2008.

1. matei566 macrumors newbie

ok so I recently bought a iMac G4, secondhand. I have a macbook, I wanted to use my mac os install disc from that to put tiger on the G4, but it didn't work, i had the pop kernell error, so I bought a new install disc off of ebay. When I got the disk i found that this was for power book only, I tried to install it nonetheless and found that i get further than with my other install disc, i get to the beginning of the installation only to find that it says that I cannot install this version of mac os on this computer. Is there anything I can do without having to spend more money? Any way that I can bypass the message? Any way that i can install it anyways?:apple:

2. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

I'm afraid not. Install disks that come with your Mac are for that model only (to stop people trying to install OS X illegally). You need to get a retail copy of the DVD if you want to install tiger on the imac.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Dude, no. You're going to get jumped on for this, too.

Mac Restore discs only work with the exact same model they came with. If you want to upgrade another model BUY IT FROM THE STORE.