Tiger installation

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OrangeSVTguy, Dec 28, 2007.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

i'm lookin to buy a tiger installation cd or dvd so i can install it on my other 450 sawtooth. question is people have offered to sell me theirs from their macbooks since they upgraded to leapord. will thier cds still work on my PPC mac?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

No, you need a retail pack of Tiger. Anyone who sells their original install disks is a mug, anyway.

3. seablue macrumors regular

Agree - you need a retail pack. I have an old emac that only has a CD drive. Apple stopped selling the CD version. They were doing a swap type of deal but not anymore. You can take your chances thru ebay - although I got burned because they sent me restores instead - after fighting with them forever - I got my money back since they were false advertising. :(
    Anyhow..... I bought retail and downloaded using the target disk mode with my ibook. If I can do it - anyone can. It was very easy to do

4. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

ok i got a pm with someone offering me a dvd of the retail vesion, for a good price too that i don't think i can pass up. will a g4 sawtooth boot off the dvd or do they need the cd? i don't have any of them and would like to keep a copy of it in case i ever need it.

since i didn't have the install cd, i just cloned my hdd onto another hdd that i pulled from an old windoze pc to test if my 450 sawtooth would boot. it worked but it occasionally freezes so i'm gonna remove it from my for sale thread. i'm just gonna let my gf's son use it since he likes youtube and such.
    thanks for everyones help

oh and the cool thing is, is that the person just joined this site too and was telling me that they would even send the retail disc and would accept payment after i received it, considering their lack of posts.