Tiger + iSight any problems?

millypede

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
262
42
UK
Hi
I currently have build 8a245 and i am having problems with my iSight working at all, does anyone else have the same problem?
 

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
8,089
4
Sol III - Terra
millypede said:
Hi
I currently have build 8a245 and i am having problems with my iSight working at all, does anyone else have the same problem?
If you're a developer, I suggest that you use the appropriate Apple provided forums to ask your questions. You might want to try the latest version of Tiger you have available to you before you try tracking down issues.
 
Comment

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
2
Randy's House
Bear said:
If you're a developer, I suggest that you use the appropriate Apple provided forums to ask your questions. You might want to try the latest version of Tiger you have available to you before you try tracking down issues.
Yup.
 
Comment

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
1,042
0
sorry guys if this isnt appropriate here.

Does the isight work wiv any webcam enabled program on the mac for instant messaging or just ichat?? (such as msn messenger, for video conferencing or simple webcam viewing!!)

Ta guys!!
 
Comment

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
2,425
0
Montana
millypede said:
Hi
I currently have build 8a245 and i am having problems with my iSight working at all, does anyone else have the same problem?
That's a *very* old Tiger developer build. Why would it matter if it works or not? The Tiger GM will be out in just over a week, retail. If you have access to the ADC Tiger seeds, at least work with the latest one: 8A425.
 
Comment

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
428
149
daveL said:
That's a *very* old Tiger developer build. Why would it matter if it works or not? The Tiger GM will be out in just over a week, retail. If you have access to the ADC Tiger seeds, at least work with the latest one: 8A425.
unless theres a differenc in the capital A , is that build not the same as he said he was using ? or did u mean 428 ?
 
Comment

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
389
0
The original poster said 245, the guy above said 425. See how the first two numbers are reversed? It's ok, I missed it at first too - one of those times where your eyes play tricks.
And to the off-topic CSI fan, the iSight works with iChat, not MSN Messenger because it does not support ANY webcams on the Macs, and as far as I know works with Yahoo one-way but without audio. You can also use the iSight microphone in Skype.
 
Comment

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
2,919
3,116
millypede said:
Sorry, but BullCrap.

If you were a developer:

1) you would know in the release notes the bug issues, and
2) you wouldn't be coming here with beta build issues. There are much better channels available for legitimate developers to address questions like this.

It's this type of crap which makes Apple limit betas and increases the risk of bugs not being found.

Move on newbie. Move on.
 
Comment

millypede

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
262
42
UK
BWhaler said:
Sorry, but BullCrap.

If you were a developer:

1) you would know in the release notes the bug issues, and
2) you wouldn't be coming here with beta build issues. There are much better channels available for legitimate developers to address questions like this.

It's this type of crap which makes Apple limit betas and increases the risk of bugs not being found.

Move on newbie. Move on.
Newbie I might be on Macrumors, but users to macs and stuff I think now, I typod the other build numbers and was using the latest version of seed, I would of done a proper Bur reporting, but it wasnt working, so Im asking a few other people who are also ADC members for some help as we seem to be unable to share Ideas and problems with ourselfs.

So dont shoot me until you have all the info, and because you have been registered a lot longer doesnt mean you are better than anyone else on here.
 
Comment

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
8,089
4
Sol III - Terra
millypede said:
Newbie I might be on Macrumors, but users to macs and stuff I think now, I typod the other build numbers and was using the latest version of seed, I would of done a proper Bur reporting, but it wasnt working, so Im asking a few other people who are also ADC members for some help as we seem to be unable to share Ideas and problems with ourselfs.
So ask the other developers on the appropriate Apple provided forums. Asking here about unreleased software could be seen as breaking your non-disclosure agreement.

So dont shoot me until you have all the info, and because you have been registered a lot longer doesnt mean you are better than anyone else on here.
We had enough info to know that if you were a developer that you had better places to ask and should have known that. And if you weren't a developer, well those who pirate software do get a bad rap here and for a good reason.
 
Comment

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
2,919
3,116
millypede said:
Newbie I might be on Macrumors, but users to macs and stuff I think now, I typod the other build numbers and was using the latest version of seed, I would of done a proper Bur reporting, but it wasnt working, so Im asking a few other people who are also ADC members for some help as we seem to be unable to share Ideas and problems with ourselfs.

So dont shoot me until you have all the info, and because you have been registered a lot longer doesnt mean you are better than anyone else on here.
Sorry, but nice try.

If you are a developer, use the resources available to you. And since you are a developer, you know what I am talking about.
 
Comment

Similar threads

  • Ismail Gül
2
Replies
2
Views
277
  • wellander1
2
Replies
2
Views
419
Replies
1
Views
297
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.