Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Waiea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
I upgraded my Pbook G4 to Tiger last night and everything went amazingly smooth. Then I tried to print and my printer no longer worked. I print via Airport Express to a Lexmark E210. I actually had to use a Samsung driver (I think the printer is made by Samsung) earlier to get it to work but everything was working well.

After Tiger, it wouldn't work. I can select some drivers and the printer will 'initalize' but it doesn't print so I think the AE path is working OK. I reset the AE, but that didn't help. My Windows PC still prints to the printer OK. I reset printers, or whatever that's called, and then I had NO printers show up. I did a 'find printers' and it then found my printer, but I can't find a driver for it, nor can I find whatever I was using before.

Any suggestions on how to resolve? I know Samsung quit supporting Mac and the Lexmark E210 is obsolete, but I hate to replace it as it still works fine.

Thanks,

Kui

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Waiea said:
I upgraded my Pbook G4 to Tiger last night and everything went amazingly smooth. Then I tried to print and my printer no longer worked. I print via Airport Express to a Lexmark E210. I actually had to use a Samsung driver (I think the printer is made by Samsung) earlier to get it to work but everything was working well.

After Tiger, it wouldn't work. I can select some drivers and the printer will 'initalize' but it doesn't print so I think the AE path is working OK. I reset the AE, but that didn't help. My Windows PC still prints to the printer OK. I reset printers, or whatever that's called, and then I had NO printers show up. I did a 'find printers' and it then found my printer, but I can't find a driver for it, nor can I find whatever I was using before.

Any suggestions on how to resolve? I know Samsung quit supporting Mac and the Lexmark E210 is obsolete, but I hate to replace it as it still works fine.

Thanks,

Kui

Nope.

It killed my Canon i960.

Runs like a charm on my Dell.

Waiea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
That worked stevep!

stevep said:

Thanks stevep. I got it working again. I guess somehow Tiger cleared my established print set up - I remember doing something similar (gimp print stuff) to get the E210 to work back in March 2005 when I bought my Powerbook. Guess I can quit trying to decide what new printer to buy!

Thanks again.

Kui

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
ammon said:
I just cant see an OS killing a printer.... Doesn't seem possible....

Network printing has been a nightmare for me under Tiger as well. Gimp prints new drivers may be hte problem. Worked find under Panther, but I keep getting time outs and concetion problems and can't recognize the printer.

HP 940c with a hawking print server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.