Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
That's estimated shipped date....

adamfilip said:
I just checked my preorder of tiger it says it will be delivered on or before April 28th :) sweet
I believe that that is the estimated ship date you're seeing as mine says "Est Ship On or before 04/28/2005". So the delivery date is still by the 29th (baring issues like nobody around to sign for it).

JediL1

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2003
Possibly Early

True, though I remember from the panther launch that some people who preordered got their box the day before the actual release day.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
JediL1 said:
True, though I remember from the panther launch that some people who preordered got their box the day before the actual release day.
That is true, as well as iLife & iWork coming early for some people. So yes, it is possible it will be early, however, the person had misread the order status page and I didn't want them disappointed if it didn't show up on the 28th (or sooner).

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Well, you still won't be the first to have it...apparently a few members of the board have already recieved Tiger! I know Nermal did anyway.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
joecool85 said:
Well, you still won't be the first to have it...apparently a few members of the board have already recieved Tiger! I know Nermal did anyway.
I don't think that claim was made anywhere in this thread. All I want is for my copy to show up when I'm around to sign for it. (If it needs a signature.)

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Bear said:
I don't think that claim was made anywhere in this thread. All I want is for my copy to show up when I'm around to sign for it. (If it needs a signature.)

How do you know it needs a signature? At least with Fedex, at least here, you can go to their center after 5pm or something and pick the package up, if you miss it. I sure hope I'll be home, but I have a waiver on file with Fedex, and they are supposed to leave it. Do you think they will, or Apple has something to override that?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
powerbook911 said:
How do you know it needs a signature? At least with Fedex, at least here, you can go to their center after 5pm or something and pick the package up, if you miss it. I sure hope I'll be home, but I have a waiver on file with Fedex, and they are supposed to leave it. Do you think they will, or Apple has something to override that?
I do not have a waiver on file with Fedex..and sometimes they'll leave packages without a signature and sometimes they won't. And I won't leave a waiver as I don't want expensive boxes left around when I'm not here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.