Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricrhys

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2008
My co-worker is trying to install leopard on his macbook intel core duo, he has tiger on it at the moment, when he tries to install leopard on it it gives him an error saying that he can't install leopard because he has a higher operating system installed, had a good look online but can't seem to find people with this problem, any ideas?
thanks for your time
Ric

Nov 28, 2010
located
What exact Mac OS X version is installed?
MR_identify_your_Mac_short.png

Identify your Mac and Mac OS X version, visualised in a more elaborate image
Identify your Mac and Mac OS X version using this 25 second video tutorial (3MB, .mp4, H.264)
And on what kind of media does come Leopard on? The grey Restore DVD of another Mac, the coloured Retail version of 10.5 or a CPU-drop-in Upgrade DVD?

ricrhys

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2008
grey

grey disks he brought online, I'm waiting for a reply on the version and model so will post as soon as he gets back to me.

ricrhys

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2008
ok

cheers,
Model Identifier 2.1

the model he has is 2.16ghz processor and the one the disks came from is 2.2ghz so I assume they are different models and wont work.

DrakkenWar

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
San Antonio,Texas
Agreed

Going the route of Snow Leopard; assuming your friend has at least 2 gigs of ram. The benefits of SL are pretty good, along with being a heck of a lot cheaper.

As far as the specific model disks? About the only thing I can say, find out what mac they are for and resale them implicitly saying they are not universal installs.

~Drake

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.