Tiger to Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ricrhys, Jan 31, 2012.

1. ricrhys macrumors member

My co-worker is trying to install leopard on his macbook intel core duo, he has tiger on it at the moment, when he tries to install leopard on it it gives him an error saying that he can't install leopard because he has a higher operating system installed, had a good look online but can't seem to find people with this problem, any ideas?
    thanks for your time
    Ric

2. simsaladimbamba

3. ricrhys thread starter macrumors member

grey

grey disks he brought online, I'm waiting for a reply on the version and model so will post as soon as he gets back to me.

4. simsaladimbamba

Those grey disks are model specific, thus if they are not for your friend's Mac model, they will not work.

5. ricrhys thread starter macrumors member

ok

cheers,
    Model Identifier 2.1

the model he has is 2.16ghz processor and the one the disks came from is 2.2ghz so I assume they are different models and wont work.

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Correct, you need a retail copy of Leopard, like this:
    [​IMG]

I think that they are pretty expensive to find. If your firends Mac has an intel processor and at least 1gig of RAM, he might consider going straight to Snow Leopard:
    http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC573Z/A

It's $29 in the US.

7. DrakkenWar macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

Agreed

Going the route of Snow Leopard; assuming your friend has at least 2 gigs of ram. The benefits of SL are pretty good, along with being a heck of a lot cheaper.

As far as the specific model disks? About the only thing I can say, find out what mac they are for and resale them implicitly saying they are not universal installs.

~Drake