Tiger to Snow Leopard - upgrade conformation

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ax220, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ax220 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I know a lot of people are waiting for someone to just say the £25 Snow Leopard upgrade works on Tiger. Well it does. I bought it yester and put it on my Intel Macbook running TIger and now I have Snow Leopard.

Also my previous versions of Ilife all worked as did my Iwork stuff.

So, I think all those who remained on Tiger have now been rewarded by a cheap upgrade - I suggest all you Intel Tiger users take advantage.

N.B!!

Do not mention you are running Tiger if someone asks in the Apple shop, the person in front of me did and got conned into buying the expensive pack.

2. PrinceOfEgypt macrumors member

You are not getting "conned" by purchasing the correct version of SL. Installing the $29 upgrade when you are not eligible is in violation of the terms that you agreed to when you bought the software, and is also illegal. Please do not tell us how to violate Apple's license agreement.

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

At the same time, do not assume those that are running Tiger are skipping an upgrade (purchase wise) and going direct to SL.

In my case, when I purchased my MBP15, it came with Tiger, but had a drop in Leopard install disc. I opted to stick with Tiger. However, now I can upgrade directly to SL without having to go through the intermediate step of installing Leopard.

BTW, just purchased my copy of SL on Monday. :)

4. gwmac macrumors member

gwmac

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Whom are you referring to?

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You disgust me. You are no better than a common thief. It took alot of resources to develop Leopard. It took alot of resources to develop Snow Leopard. You are cheating Apple of duly earned revenue. You are also in violation of the EULA. When Apple doesn't meet its earnings marks or institute Microsoft Draconian registration procedures.

7. ax220 thread starter macrumors newbie

if i was a common thief I would have not paid £25 and just walked out the store with the dvd stuffed under my coat, or better still downloaded a copy off the internet.

8. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Yeah, this works and many people know that. But the next time Apple does something like this they'll put some kind of confirmation software on there to prevent this from happening.

9. broken-chaos macrumors regular

broken-chaos

The Snow Leopard package I have is not marked as being an "Upgrade from Leopard" anywhere on the packaging or included documentation. It cost me $35 Canadian. The EULA references a Leopard Upgrade licence (but not only a Leopard Upgrade licence - it references the generic "one Mac" licence first), but the $35 CDN package is not clearly marked as being a Leopard upgrade anywhere except in the promotional materials - and not on the product itself.

Legally, you're likely perfectly in the clear upgrading using the $35 CDN package from Tiger.