Tiger to SnowLep Migration Troubles

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yerby1, Dec 20, 2009.

1. yerby1 macrumors newbie

I just picked up my new MacBook(Late 2009edition.) I had Parrallels/Windows7 installed before I picked it up.

When I performed a migration from my old Macbook(Tiger)... It created a whole new account with my data from the old Mac and the second account has the Parrallels/Windows7.

How do I merge the two?

Signed,
    New to MacForums:D
    Steve

2. GtotheK macrumors member

I'm not sure the answer to your question, but I was wondering how the migration assistant worked for you? I'm planning on updating my sis's macbook from tiger to snow leopard. Did everything transfer ok?

3. yerby1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I sorta answered my own question by trial and error... Instead of fighting with trying to merge the two, I just reinstalled Windows7/Parrallels on to the Account that had my old Tiger OSX. I then deleted the new account...

To answer YOUR question... The merger is VERY easy and complete. I had to use a Cat5 cable b/c the old MacBook had a firewire and the new one does not but that was the only glitch.

You just plug the ethernet cable in to both, open Merger assist on both machines and follow the prompts. I had about 80GB of stuff and it took about 2hrs.

Steve