Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jax Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
Hi all,

I have an Quicksilver model running OS X 10.3.9. I also have a Mac Mini. Since Tiger came out shortly after I bought the Mini, I was able to send away for the free upgrade disc for Tiger.

I haven't upgraded my Mini yet. What happens if I use the upgrade disc on the Quicksilver instead? Would it work or mess up my computer? Is the disc specifically made for the Mac Mini?

I'm guessing I can't use the disc to upgrade both computers right? (Does it need to verify the upgrade online)?

Thanks!

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Apple thankfully and wisely does not check how many computers you install on from a single disc. You should be able to use it for both, although your license is only for one, so it's technically illegal. For most home users, it's standard practice.

jW

Jax Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
Thanks for your reply!

My Tiger upgrade disc is actually for a Mac Mini that I bought for my 10 year old cousin. He's not online and doesn't use his computer much. So I guess he won't notice if I don't upgrade the Mac Mini :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.