Tight

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ivanwi11iams, Aug 5, 2016.

1. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

So, is it just me, or does one have to wear their watch, tight? Why? To feel the notifications, better...

For me, mine is on the fourth spot, on the watch band. What about you?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Nah, I have the link bracelet that I wear it one finger loose and I can feel the vibrations just fine. Keep in mind that vibrations will be different on metal bands vs. leather/rubber bands. Metal tends to disperse the vibrations such that you feel it all over, whereas they're more localized within the watch body on leather bands, etc.

3. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I wear mine on the 4th spot. It's snug but I wouldn't say it's tight. I feel notifications fine. I'm sure you've thought of this but you could loosen it up and lower the volume on notification sounds. Might help.

4. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Actually I don't use sounds at all. Not everyone needs to know when I've received a notification

5. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

This is mine, in the fourth hole on the strap. Sometimes I miss messages. I'm beginning to think it's because I wear it on the higher end of my wrist...

[​IMG]

6. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

I wear my Sport band on the third spot, which on me is snug but not tight. I have a brown leather strap (third party) where the hole with the best fit (also the third spot) is a little looser than what I usually wear. The downside is that sometimes the watch rotates away from me and is no longer centered on my wrist. When I raise my wrist to look at the watch I have to move it back center. Oddly enough it doesn't seem to affect the heart rate sensor too much.

I love my leather loop knockoff since it is infinitely adjustable. To me it is the most comfortable, but it gets too sweaty in the Summer. That has me eyeballing the Moko Milanese Loop for sale on Amazon for $6. It might be a little too blingy for me, but I bet it is the most comfortable Summer band to wear. I hear the woven nylon straps are also pretty comfortable in warm weather.

Sean

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Do you have prominent haptic enabled? It helps as it's stronger.

8. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Just turned it on...

9. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I turned on prominent haptics on the first day.

I choose between three neighboring holes to wear mine -- the widest while relaxing at home or when the weather's hot and my wrist swells, the middle when I'm driving (for feeling navigation taps more reliably) or my wrist shrinks, and the smallest when I'm working out so it stays in one place on my skin.

No big deal. The Sport band makes one-handed adjustability easy and secure.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Everyone's wrist is a different size so it has to vary for each. No way I would ever wear my AW tight. Mine at times slips over the wrist bone and can still feel the haptic.

11. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

After turning on Prominent Haptic, it feels much better...