TIL 3D Touch

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
post the places you have found where 3D Touch works , that people might not know about in the OS

One I learned today from Reddit , you can 3D Touch your bookmarks in safari

joonyaboy

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
FL
Super helpful..thanks. Especially since I have a bookmark folder of funny GIFS, now I can peek at each one without loading a full page.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
If you press down harder while selecting text and drag you can select additional words without using the grab bars on each end of the selection.

Reactions: joonyaboy

MICHAELSD

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
If you press down harder while selecting text and drag you can select additional words without using the grab bars on each end of the selection.
I'm having a bit of trouble with this one. Could you list the steps?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Hmmm, maybe I was mistaken because now I can't get it to work. Weird! Sorry, false alarm.
It works. It takes a little practice.
Yup, it works but takes a little practice to be able to hit the right pressure points. Basically, you 3D Touch to activate the touch pad, ease up on the pressure just a bit (still keeping the touchpad enabled) and reapply more pressure to highly entire words.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Yup, it works but takes a little practice to be able to hit the right pressure points. Basically, you 3D Touch to activate the touch pad, ease up on the pressure just a bit (still keeping the touchpad enabled) and reapply more pressure to highly entire words.
Thanks for clarifying. I thought it had to do with selecting words on web sites. Definitely works with the keyboard. A hard press selects words. Slick!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.