Tilde Key Problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Zanwolf, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Zanwolf, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

Zanwolf macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble using the tilde key.

Basically I'm playing a game that I can't win because the enemy has well and truly overpowered me, Heroes of Might and Magic V is the game.
    I am at the end of the game and have basically won accept this guys power, and due to wanting to be able to play the other campagins I need to beat this one first.
    So I just want to type in the cheat to win and carry on.

My problem is that when I press the tilde key it doesn't work. I know on MAC you have to press Shift + that little comor button to get a tilde but in game shift + doesn't work as tilde and the console command doesn't come up.

I know that I had to edit a game file to allow the console command to work and in the post it said that in later versions of the game the console command was stopped.
    Here is the site I have used, Heroes V Console Command, the version of the game I am running is 1.6.

So does anyone know a way around this, how to fix the button so it's just tilde when you press it instead of having to press shift?
    I've searced the forums and found no topic on this, nor on google! =(

So if anyone could help that would be fantastic!

Thank you.

2. Zanwolf thread starter macrumors newbie

I have figured this out now.
    Sorry to have posted an irrelevant topic.

I can't seem to delete it but this topic is now closed.

Thank you anyway.

3. dbproducer macrumors newbie

Tilde key fix

Hi, I noticed you indicated you fixed your tilde key non-functioning. How did you do it? I've loaded system 7 on my Mac book pro and while playing Medieval II I cannot get the tilde key to open cheat menu. Any suggestions?

thanks
    db