Tile Windows Verticall/Horizontally?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NoSmokingBandit, Dec 31, 2008.

1. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

I love this feature in windows, and Win7 looks like its going to make it even better, but is there a way to do this on Leopard? I hate having to resize the windows by hand if i want them tiled like windows does. I found an applescript that was supposed to do this, but it really didnt work well at all.

2. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

There is no option to do this in Mac OS X. The nearest thing might be Expose, but I know that's not what you're looking for. Maybe someone else knows of a third party app that does it.

3. NoSmokingBandit thread starter macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

4. kasakka macrumors 65816

Are there any window management programs available for OSX in the first place? I'd like something akin to Sizer on Windows. It lets you resize windows to a certain pixel size preset. Very handy due to Windows' idiotic "hey let's have this in 640x480 on a 1920x1200 screen" behavior.

5. mjuarez macrumors newbie

Well, after following a couple of forums, and landing here, I discovered IrradiatedSoftware's SizeUp. It's EXACTLY what I wanted:
    • Allows me to tile windows in quadrants
    • Can also use all top half, bottom, half, left half or right half of the screen
    • Works perfectly with multiple displays!!
    • Can also snap back, center windows, and works/understands Spaces

You can download it as a demo, which displays a little window asking for registration every now and then. This is really cool and useful software, the price is incredibly reasonable, and if you don't agree, the developer even allows you to name your price! (within reason). Honestly, when I tried it a couple of times, I inmediately signed up for $20.

Marcos
    (very happy user)