Tilt becoming unresponsive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WannaApple?, Jul 29, 2008.

1. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

My beautiful white iphone has been working flawlessly since I got it on launch day. Battery life was fabulous, no pixel problems, great reception, etc.

I've just noticed over the last day or so that my tilt feature is severely lagging and sometimes not even working at all. I've tested it in both safari and ipod for the album coverflow. I'll be using it in portrait mode, will turn it to landscape...sometimes it will take about 5-6 seconds to turn and sometimes not at all. I'll have to exit out of safari and go back in for the screen to turn.

Has anyone else has this problem? Is this a effect that the people complaining about lag are having? I dont know what would be causing this, but dont know if its something significant enough to take into Apple to have them look at. I love my phone in every other way though.

2. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

I've had this happen to. Laying around, turn the phone for landscape, and it does nothing. I'll go out and back in, then it works. Another bug that will hopefully get fixed with the update (not holding breathe though).

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I've noticed this recently on my 2G iphone. Its not very often though.

5. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

I've experienced it on my 1gen too. Its unlocked so can't return it and it does'nt bother me, 'cause its only happening occasionally... which means very rare!

I dont mind

6. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Mine is also slow to respond at times. I'd be concerned it was a hardware issue except the games that use it work flawlessly. That tells me the hardware is fine so I'm hoping an update will fix the lag.

7. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

mine is the same and opposite. i will be sitting with the iphone straight and level and it will turn, usually in safari. i must have different length legs.....

8. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

In Super Monkey Ball mine is working flawless, and in other tilt games too... (Crash Bandicoot), so I thinks its a firmware bug.. Though I also experienced it once in a while in 1.1.4 firmware..

9. scmguru macrumors member

I've got the same issue.. iphone 3g 16gb... didn't do it when I originally got it but now the tilt is slow (5-6 seconds) on ipod, safari etc..

Firmware 2.01 didn't help.. if anything it may be worse.

:(