Tim cook & Apple in 3 years.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jinsou, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Jinsou macrumors regular

Jinsou

What do you think will happen to apple in 3 years?

When Steve passed away the stock plummeted as investors thought Steve was to much a Key person in the company.

The work we are seeing today is still Steve's work, and for the next 3 (approx.) years will be still. As he left guidelines for the do's and don't.

These products are currently in the R&D process.

But when Steve's book pages end? what then. I mean Apple is not solely Steve, but the grip he had on the company led to the great ideas from engineers/developers/everyone else involved and Jonathan Ive to become leading products.

I like Tim cook, but he is following a script being right now, I trust 3 years is enough time to keep taking Apple to the next level; Just for thoughts.

Shoot!

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Well we assume Apple is following Steve's plan, but are they really? There's no way we could really know unless your in the inner circle as an Apple executive who knew Steve well. But regardless if they are or not, we assume they are and that's all that matters when it comes to sales.

Currently Apple is doing great. The iPhone is a huge success. But with what some are calling a lame update, will Apple loyalist eventually get tired of it if they continue to not to bring anything ground breaking to the table? Yes there will be hardcore apple fans that in their eyes apple can do no wrong. But some may look for alternatives. Then Apple will be forced to step up their game.

As for the Mac...well you don't here much about that anymore huh? Apple seems to be slacking on the Mac Pro. No update till late next year acceding to Tim Cook. And no updates to the iMac yet. I'm still on Snow Leopard so I can't comment on OS X other than it seems as though apple is "iOSing" it. That could be to get Windows users who use an iPhone over to the Mac. But at the time it doesn't seem as though Macs are a high priority.

Time will tell.

3. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

Granted, Steve was a major player for the Apple team, but he wasn't the only one. They've got a great team that Steve recruited and "trained" to keep it going.

All the Apple products didn't pop out of Steve's head, most of the time it was from other people. He just had the ability to pitch it with his reality distortion field.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Apple needs to be careful that they don't let the iPhone run the company. With 60% of revenue in the iPhine alone can they afford to lose ground to another ground breaking device from somewhere else. The phone market is always changing and the iPhone might not be on top forever. Who knows what will rule the world in 10 years.