Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
"Remember Steve Jobs... because if he'd been alive while you all shipped iOS8 he'd have punched your spleen through your spine."

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
He wasn't wrong. Back before 2011, that was the correct size. 2014 is different.
Actually it isn't. 3.5" remains an excellent size for a portable device and that is why most phones sold are in this size range. Now because Apple neglected the minority of people who want bigger, they allowed one single Android OEM to make a decent profit in the large end. Now, they are taking that away and soon no Android vendors will be profitable. However, you can expect to see small, portable devices to be extremely important in the future. In fact, Apple has one coming in a few months...

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
I can't believe it's been 3 years already. It's actually one of those things where you remember where you were when you heard the news. For some reason, that's what happens with the Princess Di news too.

GoodWatch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2007
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
I'm always fascinated as to why people always feel the need to bring up religion....bizarre!

Let me help you out here:

Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity. The word is derived from the Old English weorþscipe, meaning worship, honour shown to an object, which has been etymologised as "worthiness or worth-ship"—to give, at its simplest, worth to something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worship#cite_note-2

Does this make it less bizarre?!

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I liked Steve Jobs. His company died with him. I will never buy another Mac. The Apple watch sucks and Tim Cook is a peace of crap.

This! I miss the GOOD MacBook Pros. The new ones are too thin, too fast and their screens are too high res. They must have been conceived the second Steve Jobs left the building. :rolleyes:

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
If they want to really remember him, stop this pathetic public mourning. Do a charity events day or raise money for Pancreatic Cancer Research/Transplant Research. Something that actually benefits people.

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
Typical high level exec, do as I say, not as I do.

I'd prefer Tim Cook remember Steve Jobs instead of destroying everything he worked for by aligning himself with rappers with questionable (at best) pasts and the likes of Paris fashion types.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Why is this whole thread about Tim bashing?
It should be about STEVE!
It's about remembering Steve!
Take the Tim bashing elsewhere please.

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
I can't believe it's been 3 years already. It's actually one of those things where you remember where you were when you heard the news. For some reason, that's what happens with the Princess Di news too.

9/11 I remember i was on the bus heading home from work (quarter to eleven Western Australia time, in the evening).

But Steve job's passing, nope. Sad though when I heard about it

Princess Diana left more of an impact on the world but let's not get into a debate. Just saying. :)

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Let me help you out here:

Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity. The word is derived from the Old English weorþscipe, meaning worship, honour shown to an object, which has been etymologised as "worthiness or worth-ship"—to give, at its simplest, worth to something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worship#cite_note-2

Does this make it less bizarre?!

No!

Just because the company that Steve Jobs built wishes to honour his legacy does not suddenly mean the company sees him as some religious figure. The same way that most people honour a friend or a family members death, they don't suddenly see them as a religious figure.

Like or loathe him, the bottom line that no one can dispute is he brought a huge amount to the way society interacts and uses technology today.

Showing disrespect, irrelevant of one's opinions, is unnecessary and most people who display such behaviour are normally showing their own insecurities by putting others down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.