Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today celebrated the grand opening of its new retail store at the historic Tower Theatre in Downtown Los Angeles, and Apple's CEO Tim Cook and retail chief Deirdre O'Brien were both in attendance for the occasion.

apple-tower-theatre-tim-cook.jpg

Other notable individuals in attendance included YouTubers such as Justine Ezarik (iJustine), who shared the photos above, and Brian Tong.

As usual, Cook posed for photos with attendees and celebrated alongside retail employees as the first customers entered the store.

Apple Tower Theatre is one of Apple's most significant restoration projects to date. Apple said it collaborated with leading preservationists, restoration artists, and the City of Los Angeles to thoughtfully preserve and restore the theater, which was designed in 1927 by renowned motion-picture theater architect S. Charles Lee.

Apple Tower Theatre will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. from Monday to Saturday, and from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday.

Article Link: Tim Cook Attends Grand Opening of Apple Store in Downtown Los Angeles

Duane Martin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Wishing Apple would do something like this in my city. So far two Apple Stores in suburban malls but it would be great to see something in a more central area and in an historic building... while we still have some.

Reactions: Redsep and Moi Ici

blazerunner

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2020
Apple is mutating from a tech company to a company for fashion victims.
It's always been like that. It was at it's worst when the iPod was really popular back in around 2004/05 with the dancing silhouette commercials. People were (and still are) easily influenced. I remember subways in Toronto would be filled with people with white headphones. You knew they had an ipod. It got so bad, people didn't really even know that alternatives existed (back then Cowon MP3 players were way better). Apple furthered this (very subtle) brainwashing via their evangelical marketing (thanks to Guy Kawasaki) and running with the term 'podcast', although not invented by them, this led people to believe that only apple devices could play internet radio streams.

There's been a loooooot of manipulation of the public by Apple over the years. Nothing illegal, but they've definitely had a hand in cultural influence.

spencecb

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2003
Surprised to see people without masks in a place that used to be the coronavirus capital of the world. Also interesting to see that yelling and cheering are still welcome activities during these times.
It shouldn't be that surprising, considering vaccinations! I'm sure most of the people there had been vaccinated. And the ones that are not vaccinated, well, that is their problem. Its great to see these things happening again!

carestudio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Surprised to see people without masks in a place that used to be the coronavirus capital of the world. Also interesting to see that yelling and cheering are still welcome activities during these times.
That's exactly what I thought too. No masks, no social distancing, kinda scary to be honest. But more apple retail stores are definitely welcomed.

4jasontv

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2011
Meanwhile, there is someone waiting for help because their Apple watch doesn't register they stood.

• Haha
Reactions: applesque

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
That's exactly what I thought too. No masks, no social distancing, kinda scary to be honest. But more apple retail stores are definitely welcomed.

Depending on where you are these days the inverse can be strange to see too. At this point I almost do a double take when I see someone wearing a mask. I don't even have one in the car with me anymore when I go somewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.