Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riverpoet

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2008
What's wrong with TV:

ImageImage

Agree 100%. Also, one remote isn't so bad, but currently I have IPTV and use TV's remote only to turn it on and occasionally for volume control. Then there's IPTV set top box remote. Then there's A/V receiver's remote. Oh, and media streamer remote (luckily, there's an app for that one). Good god.

I think Apple will mainly re-imagine the interface. These days we have many "smart TV", but their interfaces are just horrible. I never ever used anything other than DLNA client on my Sony TV, it's just painful to use even that. Interface also needs to solve programming - I remember times when we had like 20 channels. Now there's 100+ or even more. And I watch maybe 10. I don't have time to search which channel has something interesting. EPGs are a joke. Much much can be done here... User profiles, group family profile, favorite shows, genres, sports, sport teams, actors, you name it. Then a always-up-to-date curated programming guide and a smart interface which helps you find stuff to watch or even does that for you entirely. "Genius" for TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.