Tim Cook Reinstated a Cancelled Order

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nanocustoms, May 1, 2015.

1. nanocustoms macrumors regular

This will garner flames as much as praise, but after having a Mother's Day gift cancelled due to the 2 watch limit (not expressly stated), I emailed Tim Cook yesterday to express my disappointment. I completely understand the need to limit supplies and discourage resellers but what I disagreed with was the arbitrary cancellation without being aware of the limits prior to ordering.

To my surprise, I received a phone call from Executive Relations this morning stating that Mr Cook had seen the email and that they would be working on a solution for us, but that there was no promises.

I was understanding of the supply constraints, accepted that there was a 2 watch limit, but that I was dissapointed that the policy was not explicitly stated upon ordering, but only afterwards, when they were preparing to ship.

I received another call this afternoon that the order was reinstated.

I feel that the 2 watch limit is more than fair, considering the delays and supply constraints, but like any rules, I don't mind complying if I am aware of them.

Alexandra from Exec Relations stated that the website will now explicitly state the limit upon ordering so the policy will be clear.

I thank Mr Cook for his attentiveness and fairness with this matter. My Mother will be pleasantly surprised on the 10th (or whenever it shows up)

Chris

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Yay eBay sellers rejoice.. Haha jus playing OP. Congrats

3. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

So for all the people that have multiple watches on order there's your answer on why they're not shipping...that's including me :D

4. Nitin2015 macrumors newbie

Too bad Tim Cook can't reinstate Steve Jobs. Apple needs him badly.

5. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Don't think that's it,there's other people that had more orders and still have a watch ship without one getting canceled.

6. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

This made me laugh. I do think the legend of Steve Jobs is far greater than the man.

7. Zedcars macrumors 6502

Zedcars

They have his brain preserved in cryostasis. As soon as technology allows, they will attach it to a new cloned version of his body that they have grown in the lab. It is not if, but when.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The 2 Watches per customer limit isn't expressly stated?

9. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

It was supposed to be for pre order,that's when apple was canceling pre orders. I have 3 ordered and haven't had one canceled.

10. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

I just got off the phone with Tim Cook, he said he just finished repairs on all the defective apple watches, everyone should be getting shipping confirmation by tomorrow

11. usarioclave macrumors 65816

That's odd, I bought 4 on launch day and they all arrived fine.

12. mbhforum macrumors 6502

My co workers brother ordered 10 on launch day and they cancelled 3 of them. Makes no sense. There's been no consistency. I too received two this week and my third is on order for Mother's Day and hasn't been cancelled ywt

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Perhaps they're selectively canceling based on model supply constraints? If they have plenty of a particular model they don't care if you order 2 or 10 of it, but if they're pressed for a different model they'll be quicker to cancel orders that go over the 2 per customer limit.